Corporate Arts Program (CAP)
MARN is excited to initiate a “Corporate Arts Program” (CAP) for its members. This program will connect businesses with local artists to fulfill corporate art needs.
CAP is working on collecting MARN member artwork for our Corporate Art Catalog. This will allow CAP to create presentations for prospective clients. We anticipate agreements for outright purchase and/or for art rental.
Works that meet the application criteria but not this project will be kept in our catalogue for future use. Subject matter that will be considered corporate art under this program are, but not limited to:
- Digital art
- Still Life
Subject matter that will not be considered under current client guidelines are:
- Social or Political
- Nudity or Sexually explicit
Presently, MARN is considering a corporate partner interested in purchasing artwork from the local art community. Guidelines for this project include the following:
- Contemporary work
- Airy, light, flowing, water
- Abstract or Representational with a contemporary/unique take
- Work that reflects Milwaukee
This client has a strong sense of community and has participated in several Milwaukee projects which include: Milwaukee Art Museum/Calatrava, Milwaukee Public Market, the Brewer’s Stadium, Marquette, UWM, Discovery World, UPAF Ride for the Arts among others.
Not all submitted art will be selected by the client. However, please note that MARN is working with other potential corporate sponsors. If your work is not selected for the current proposal, you may still submit art for further consideration. While we may accept a limited number of larger pieces for our current project, we need a number of submissions that measure approximately 24 x 36 (36×24 ok too) or smaller.
To have your images reviewed for the catalog you must:
1. Be a MARN Member in good standing.
• You may become a member on the MARN website:
i. Dues $40.00 per year.
2. Send 5 artwork images and artist head shot to: email@example.com
• Uploaded artwork images should be 72 dpi and in jpeg format. Also,
i. Title the images as Title-ImageSize-Medium-Artist Name (No blank spaces)
1. example: BoatsonLake-H16xW20-Acrylic-CharlesArtist
ii. Size height is always first ex: H16 x W20
• A brief description of the art
• Framed (wood or metal-color), unframed, wrapped canvas (the painting continues on the edges)
3. The following information:
• Your Name and Address
• Your email
• Your Phone Number
• Artists Statement and Bio
i. Statement limited to 500 words.
ii. Bio for past 3 years