Mentee Application Information
Application for the 2019/20 season is now open!
Send us an email with attachments or documents via post with the following information:
- MARN is asked to identify the demographics of both its applicants and participants for grant reports. Please identify the following: age group (ex 20-30, 30-40, etc), gender and race/ethnicity.
- Describe your discipline.
- Describe your interest in participating in MARNmentors and why you feel you are best suited to participate in the program at this stage in your career (limit 300 words).
- MARNmentors is an artist mentorship program that creates the conditions for an exchange of ideas among mentors, mentees, influential artists, curators, and educators who participate. Why is access to a mentorship and supportive environment particularly meaningful to your artistic practice at this time (limit 250 words)?
- Up to date RESUME, include full contact information: email, telephone and address
- ARTIST STATEMENT (limit 100 words)
- ARTIST WEBSITE (if you have one, provide URL)
- Are you currently enrolled as a student?
- Do you currently reside in the Greater Milwaukee Area full-time?
- Are you willing and able to commit to 2+ hours a month if chosen to participate in this program?
- Visual Artists include 5 samples of current work in .jpg format with artist’s last name as part of the filename, you may also include a “slide list”. Writers and Spoken Word artists should send a minimum of 2 excerpts from their portfolio.
Note: There is a $100 program fee to participate in the MARNmentors program. It can be paid at the first event in full or in 4-$25 installments August – November.
To email your application please send to:
email@example.com with the appropriate subject line:
MARNmentors Visual Art
MARNmentors Spoken Word
Snail mail or drop off:
207 E. Buffalo Street Ste. 600
Milwaukee, WI 53202
DEADLINE: midnight Auguat 2, 2019
Selected Mentees will be contacted no later than Monday August 19th and are expected to attend the first meeting with the mentors on the afternoon/evening of Saturday August 24th